Monday, December 6, 2010

Keepin' Yer Kool

Today is all about Kool. I realize that Swift often gets most of the attention in my blog. That's mostly because he's much more outgoing than Kool. Even though Swift is 5 years old, he still acts like a puppy. But enough about Swift...

Kool is my long-haired dachshund. He's 7 years old and has a cute little face with black-rimmed eyes, so he has a "pretty" look to him. Everyone thinks he's a girl. Kool always appears sweet and cute to people, but watch out! If there's another dog around and either Kool or the dog is on a leash, Kool's evil side appears. He barks and growls and tries to attack.

I think Kool's meanness stems from his attack about a year and half ago. I was on vacation at my mom's house in Ohio, and my roommate at the time was watching the boys. A mean pitbull got loose from her owners and attacked Kool. Kool had to get stitches and staples and take medicine and wear a cone for a few weeks. I don't think he's quite gotten over that.

Kool can be pretty stubborn sometimes. He's almost impossible to housetrain. We have our good days and our bad days. He also likes to bark a lot. He's worn out two batteries on the bark-less machine I have. It doesn't seem to work.

But Kool is the world's biggest sweetheart to me. He will look at me with those big black eyes, and I can't help but melt. He loves to cuddle, and he loves to look out the window. During the winter, his favorite spot is to sit on the back of the couch staring out the window. In the summer, he likes to sit in the sun on the patio.

Kool's Favorite Spot

Such a Pretty Boy

How Can You Not Love This Face?

Kool can be pretty weird, though. He likes to jump into the bathtub at night, climb up onto my nightstand to try to get into bed with me, and stand on top of tall kennels.

Kool is So Weird

My favorite image of Kool is when I call him, he looks at me and just stares. I'll call him again, and all of a sudden, he just takes off running towards me. He looks like he's grinning and he's so happy to be coming to his mama. Kool is the best (long-haired) doxie ever! I love him so much!





No comments:

Post a Comment