Monday, February 11, 2013

Idita-Walk 2013

Our friends over at You Did What With Your Weiner? are big into keeping yourself and your dog fit. Jessica also owns two dachshunds, Chester and Gretel, who I've mentioned here before. She is also the creator of The AdventureweinerTM Club.

For the month of January, Jessica created the 30/30 Challenge, which was to walk 30 minutes a day for 30 days. I kind of got behind on my blog reading and didn't find out about the challenge until it had already started. Yes, I realize I could have joined in halfway through, but I was too lazy. So when Jessica introduced us to the Idita-Walk, I decided to join in.

The Idita-Walk, according to their website, "is an event to promote physical fitness in the spirit of the Iditarod Sled Dog Race." The goal is to walk a total of 1049 minutes between February 1 and March 31, symbolic of the 1049 miles between Anchorage and Nome, where the Iditarod goes. It's only $10 to participate in the Idita-Walk, and all proceeds will go to the Boy Scouts' Camp Bronson. You also receive a collectible lapel pin.

2013 Idita-Walk Lapel Pin Art

If you decide to join in, please be a part of our team! When you register, put "Dogventurers" as your company name. You can put a copy of the badge that Jessica created on your blog. (She has detailed the code here.) (UPDATE: Jessica did not create the badge. Gizmo's mom of Terrier Torrent did. I apologize for not giving credit correctly.)

 TerrierTorrent

You can also create a ticker to detail your progress. I think this is what clinched it for me! I really wanted a ticker on my blog, but I needed a reason for one. What better reason than to participate in a fun walk and get healthy?!



To create your own ticker, visit TickerFactory.com. Choose your background and icon. Set the Unit as Minutes, and put 1049 as your Target. If you want, put a title for your ticker as the Message. Create a pin or password, so you can update your progress. Grab the code to put the ticker on your blog. You'll have to update your ticker manually and put the new code on your blog each time - it won't update automatically.

Jessica will be posting her updates with a linky tool you can connect to at the end of each month. Go visit her blog post for details! I'm excited to do this and hope you'll all join in with us!



3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the newest team members of the Dogventurers...Jessica's challenge got us started and motivated to continue and it's great fun knowing we're doing the Idita-Walk with so many great furriends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo, we joined it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys,

    That's awesome that you're doing the Ididta Walk, I hope you have fun!

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete