Monday, April 11, 2011

Our Wednesday Jaunt

Last Wednesday I was supposed to go to a dog group at Robinswood park. A friend asked me that day to go out to dinner, but I declined because I had already made plans to go to the meetup. I rushed home after work because we were meeting at 6 pm. I fed the boys and changed clothes and threw some laundry in the wash. It was time to go!

Swift and Kool were a little confused, although excited, because they never get to go anywhere during the week. As we walked out to the car, I noticed the sky was a little darker than it usually is. It had been sunny that afternoon, but I was afraid it might start to rain. No worries, though! We are adventureweiners, and we were going to tough it out! It is Seattle, after all, so what is a bit of rain?

We get to the park, and I found a great parking spot! It's just a little after 6, so I thought, "Perfect! There will already be some dogs here." Swift and Kool took their sweet little time walking down the trail to the off-leash area, sniffing at every rock and peeing on every bush. We saw another doxie walking towards us. Of course, everyone had to sniff butts and greet each other. I asked the doxie mama if there were other people in the off-leash area. She said there weren't. She had been there about 10 minutes, and it was getting pretty cold. (Yes, my Ohio friends, 50° is extremely cold to Seattleites.) I decided to wait it out anyway.

The boys and I were the only ones there, so I was able to get Swift's ball out and throw it for him. I am not athletic at all, so my first throw went right into the ground. Swift didn't care, though. As long as he got to squeak it, he was fine. My throws got a little better, and Swift was able to run and chase his ball. Kool wandered all over the area, finding stinky stuff to roll around in.


After about 10 minutes, I checked my email and found out the meetup had been canceled. I was disappointed no one else showed up, but then it thundered. I decided it was time to go!! I called the boys over, and Swift's hair on his back end was standing straight up. It was pretty funny. They hadn't seemed to react at all when it thundered, but apparently Swift was quite aware of it!

We left just in time, too. As soon as we were all in the car, it started to pour! And thunder! And lightning! We got home safely, and I was even able to go out to dinner with my friend. I think the boys enjoyed getting outside during the week. I'll have to make it a point to do that more often with them once it starts warming up more.



4 comments:

  1. I am glad you guys had a good time...even if it WAS breif :) We have not been to Robinswood but it is on our list to reivew. What group were you supposed to meet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was meeting the Bellevue Dogs Under 35 lb Meetup Group. I want the boys to socialize more with non-doxies. I really like Robinswood since it is so close to me, but the bigger area (not where we were this time) can get really muddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freah spring stinky stuff is great to roll around in!

    My name is Oskar & I have a blog that I'd love for you to check out, www.PetBlogsUnited.com. It's a great place for pet bloggers to find each other and get some exposure!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  4. We wish you posted more - we really like reading your blog - but how can you when you are out on so many Doxie Adventures?? We nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Visit our post about it to find out how to claim your award http://youdidwhatwithyourweiner.com/2011/06/25/versatility-is-a-good-quality/

    ReplyDelete