I feel quite honored to have received this award, even though I'm not much of a blogger; I usually post only once, maybe twice, a week. This award means I am supposed to share 7 things about myself, and pass on the award to fellow bloggers (the number varies based on different sources, so I'm going middle of the road - 7).
So without further hesitation, here we go:
1. My "real-life" job is an administrative assistant at E&J Gallo Winery. I feel very fortunate to work for such a great company and have such a wonderful job.
2. Because I know someone will inevitably ask, my favorite varietal of wine is Moscato, followed closely by Pinot Grigio (both whites, on the sweeter side).
3. I took a painting class this summer. It was a lot of fun, but at first, I wasn't too pleased with my painting. However, I put the painting up on my mantel, and the more I look at it, the more I do like it. One of my friends and I have continued to do more painting on our own time, but she's done way more than me. I want to go buy some materials to do it on my own soon.
4. I turned 30 this year. I haven't yet celebrated my birthday the way I wanted to - skydiving! (It saddened me when I found out I was too overweight to do it. More motivation to lose those extra pounds!) I'm going to do it next summer.
5. I grew up in NE Ohio, went to college near Buffalo, NY, and moved to Seattle, WA when I was 25. I've also lived in Quebec for 4 months, Paris for 1 month, and Tanzania for 3 months. I want to live in Paris for at least a year. I loved that city, and even though I was there 7 years ago, I still feel like I could find my way around the Latin quarter!
6. I love to cook! I didn't really learn how to cook growing up, so almost everything I know is self-taught. YouTube videos are great for learning how to dice onions, how to sharpen knives, or anything else you might need to know. I keep track of my recipes using a website called MyRecipes. It pulls recipes from several different magazines, and you can even add your own. You can post reviews, keep track of menus, create shopping lists, and lots of other things.
7. I love tulips, and I've wanted to plant some on my balcony for the past several years. I can never get my act together soon enough to get everything prepared. This year, a friend gave me a topsy-turvy for Easter. I know it's not tulips, but it was my first attempt at growing anything. Tomatoes aren't my favorite vegetable, but I was really excited to try them. The first one red enough to pick was a cherry tomato. It was so delicious - almost like candy! A few days later, I picked 3 more small- to medium-sized ones and made homemade pico de gallo. I diced half an onion, diced a jalapeno (left the seeds in), added 2 tablespoons of lime juice, and sprinkled some salt. I chilled it for a half an hour. It was very spicy and yummy!
(I just realized that each subsequent "fact" about me got longer and longer!)
I would like to pass on this award to the following blogs:
1. Bailey Be Good! Bailey is a female Belgian Shepard mix who blogs about life with her fur-sister Nala and human family.
2. Sugar the Golden Retriever Sugar is a gorgeous Golden Retriever who looks at life through her golden eyes.
3. Ammo the Dachshund Ammo is a super-dachshund who can paint with his paws! He hangs out with his pony friends when he's not busy greeting customers at work.
4. Yuki and Rocket Two adorable schnauzers!
5. The Daily Toki Stories and pictures from the many adventures of Miss Toki.
6. My Older Brothers Hilarious stories about Taylor's older brothers - not that he really has any brothers!
7. The Lazy Christian "Thoughts on faith and stuff. But, you know, from a lazy person."