Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's been a few days since I posted. It's been really really hot here in the Northwest - around 100° every day since Sunday. I feel so bad for the pups, especially Kool with his long hair. We've been just lying around the house in front of the fans, trying to cool down. The first couple of nights, the dogs just didn't get it, and they still kept trying to lie down next to me or on top of me. I think they finally realized that it's freaking hot. Now Swift doesn't run and play nearly as often - he just stretches out and lies quietly. Kool has apparently found his cool spot - the tile floor on my bathroom. Usually, he curls up in a blanket (or clothes or towels - whatever is lying on the floor), but now he just lies down on his side and pants. It breaks my heart when I see them staring at me, panting away. I wish I could do something to make them cooler, but I don't know what to do! I can't even cool myself down. I'm tempted to bring them to work and hide them under my desk in the air-conditioning. I haven't put them in their kennel when I've gone to work - I feel so bad for them. I want them to be comfortable. They've both been pretty good - putting their housebreaking into training. I'm proud of them. If I can get a picture of them panting, I'll post it.



No comments:

Post a Comment